Walking Everywhere, and Anywhere!

Every now and then I will update this blog with thoughts about walking, and being a pedestrian in Southern California. Between 2014-2017, this blog also featured several posts about my bicycle adventures around Southern California, but as of 2018 I am back to just being a pedestrian. Riding a bike was fun until someone through a water bottle in my chain one day late at night, so since that time I have just felt safer walking.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why It Is Cool Not To Have A Driver's License

Waikiki In The Morning
Drivers are not able to take in beautiful scenery such as this morning on Waikiki, which is one of the perks of slowing down. Not everyone is in a rush, and you are the one who decides to take time to stroll and smell the roses.


Many people believe a driver's license is synonymous with freedom and turning sixteen. I, on the other hand, never obtained one, and do not feel bad about it either. Growing up I never really wanted to drive, and I only attempted to do so because people told me that is what everyone does. So maybe most people drive, but it scares the willies out of me. I finally decided to stop trying to learn how to drive, and I must declare why it is cool not to have a driver's license. Here are a few of the reasons:

+No need for pricey gym memberships when you walk everywhere to begin with.
+The ability to enjoy your surroundings without the rush of focusing on traffic and the road.
+No car insurance to buy.
+No expensive car payments.
+No pricey car repair fees.

The above points are just a few of reasons why I think it is super cool I never obtained my driver's license. One snotty guy once told me I would have to obtain a license if we ever dated because he only liked women that believed in "daily self-growth". Not that this guy would ever read this blog, but I can confidently declare that people who like me who not have licenses stiff believe in self-growth, and being able to walk faster each day is one area of self improvement for me. My world view on driving may not match yours, but if you are like me and are scared of driving, never let people make you feel inferior for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Visitors From Around The World