Walking Everywhere, and Anywhere!

Every now and then I will update this blog with thoughts about walking, and being a pedestrian in Southern California. Between 2014-2017, this blog also featured several posts about my bicycle adventures around Southern California, but as of 2018 I am back to just being a pedestrian. Riding a bike was fun until someone through a water bottle in my chain one day late at night, so since that time I have just felt safer walking.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Walking Is My Life

Walking is my life and this is how I get around town. When I was sixteen I remember taking driver's education because everyone said this is what people are supposed to do: drive. However, I waited until I was twenty-one to take driver's training behind the wheel, and let me just say I am a nervous driving. Rather than spend my life stressing about how driving makes me nervous, I prefer to be a pedestrian and to walk everywhere and anywhere. For me walking is transportation and a pleasure, and allows me to explore hidden parts of towns other people may never see when they are zipping by in their cars. This blog will celebrate the pedestrian life because it is nothing to be ashamed of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Visitors From Around The World