Walking Everywhere, and Anywhere!

Every now and then I will update this blog with thoughts about walking, and being a pedestrian in Southern California. Between 2014-2017, this blog also featured several posts about my bicycle adventures around Southern California, but as of 2018 I am back to just being a pedestrian. Riding a bike was fun until someone through a water bottle in my chain one day late at night, so since that time I have just felt safer walking.

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Lovely Walk On Easter Sunday

I had the priviliege of taking yet another lovely walk in the San Bernardino Mountains on Easter Sunday 2010. Here are some of the spectacular pictures of nature I captured during my hikes through the San Bernardino Mountains. By the way hiking is a great way for people who are not usually pedestrians to get exercise.

Lake Arrowhead,Forest,San Bernardino Mountains

Here is a lovely picture I took of a windy forest trail. The fire come through here in 2007, and the forest is beginning to regrow in this area.

sweetbearies.com,hillside,Lake Arrowhead

Here I am looking down a hillside as I jaunt through the forest.

Photobucket

Trees have some of the most interesting shapes. These trees that were singed in the fire almost look as if they belong in a tale such as The Legend of Sleepy Hallow.

Photobucket

This rope swing has provided many hours of fun for kids and adults taking walks through this forest.

Photobucket

Looking at the trunks of trees that were burned in the fire. The forest is beginning to regrow, and here are the first signs of spring in 2010.

Photobucket

Looking at the rocky mountains in the distance, which are a wonderful site during a nature walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Visitors From Around The World