Walking Everywhere, and Anywhere!

Every now and then I will update this blog with thoughts about walking, and being a pedestrian in Southern California. Between 2014-2017, this blog also featured several posts about my bicycle adventures around Southern California, but as of 2018 I am back to just being a pedestrian. Riding a bike was fun until someone through a water bottle in my chain one day late at night, so since that time I have just felt safer walking.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Spend 900 Dollars On Tires, Or Walk For Free

I know most people need to drive because of their commutes to work and other activities, but the nice thing about arranging your life so you do not have to drive is sparing the expense of paying for tires. I must say I am happy I can walk for free when I hear people have to spend about 900 hundred dollars on having the tires on their relatively new car replaced. Not only do people have car payments ranging from 300-500 dollars, but they also have to spend several hundred dollars on car repairs and replacing their tires every year. Of course you can cut down on some of these expenses if you are an expert mechanic. However, not everyone has the time or the patience to acquire these skills, and you still have to pay for the materials needed to repair your vehicle, which costs far more than the couple of pairs of walking shoes I have bought over the last several months. I must confess that the relatively low price of walking far outweighs the expense of car repairs for me, and I am definitely happy I continue to choose to be a pedestrian. I realize walking is not for everyone, but all the money I have saved over the years is another reason it is a good choice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Visitors From Around The World