Walking Everywhere, and Anywhere!

Every now and then I will update this blog with thoughts about walking, and being a pedestrian in Southern California. Between 2014-2017, this blog also featured several posts about my bicycle adventures around Southern California, but as of 2018 I am back to just being a pedestrian. Riding a bike was fun until someone through a water bottle in my chain one day late at night, so since that time I have just felt safer walking.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Why A Car Can Be More of A Burden Than You Think

Having a car can be way more of a burden than you think.  As a pedestrian it becomes a bit grating to have people who drive constantly ask, questions such as: "How can you get around without a car?"  Since I never felt ashamed to take public transportation, which I can use that for long trips, and most short trips are within walking distance.  Not everyone wants drive around on the congested Southern California freeways, and living in walking distance from work can actually save you a lot of money.  People always say that they feel more independent with their cars, but I never felt dependent because I do choose not to drive one.  Actually, not having to worry about a car payment, gasoline bills, and washing my car weekly is very liberating.  People think they have to have a car, but a lot of people get around each day fine without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Visitors From Around The World