Walking Everywhere, and Anywhere!

Every now and then I will update this blog with thoughts about walking, and being a pedestrian in Southern California. Between 2014-2017, this blog also featured several posts about my bicycle adventures around Southern California, but as of 2018 I am back to just being a pedestrian. Riding a bike was fun until someone through a water bottle in my chain one day late at night, so since that time I have just felt safer walking.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dressing For The Southern Califronia Weather On My Early Morning Walks

As a Southern California pedestrian who commutes to work on foot, it is essential to bundle up in the early morning hours.  Southern California has major dips in temperatures from about 40 degrees Fahrenheit in the early morning, to 70 degrees in the afternoon.  It certainly can be annoying in the afternoon when I have to carry my jacket because it is too warm to wear, but those who prefer lighter layers can always purchase a well insulated jacket.  I must say that gloves, a hat, and a jacket are essential for me on the frigid morning walks, but at least its better than being a pedestrian trekking through the snow, which is what I used to do when I lived up in the San Bernardino Mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Visitors From Around The World