Walking Everywhere, and Anywhere!

Every now and then I will update this blog with thoughts about walking, and being a pedestrian in Southern California. Between 2014-2017, this blog also featured several posts about my bicycle adventures around Southern California, but as of 2018 I am back to just being a pedestrian. Riding a bike was fun until someone through a water bottle in my chain one day late at night, so since that time I have just felt safer walking.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Why I Voted No On 23

Okay my Facebook posts are really political today, but I have always had an interest in politics, and there is just one day before the election.  If you have not already heard, you should vote no on Prop 23 because this proposition would repeal the clean energy legislation in California that was passed in 2006.  Arnold Schwarzenegger is a Republican governor whose stances have not always been in line with my way of thinking, but what I do have to give him kudos for is being instrumental in passing clean energy legislation.  Voting Yes on Prop 23 would put funds for research and development of clean energy resources and jobs at risk, and that would mean losing more jobs for California.  Any business that is apprehensive about exploring clean energy opportunities is simply kow-towing to the old school thought of thinking we cannot get beyond using gasoline for everything.  Exploring clean energy would be the creation of more jobs for future generations of Americans, and it would also mean cleaner air for California.  If you care about our air quality and the people of our state, you will vote no on 23.  Anyone who says climate change is a myth really does not do their research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Visitors From Around The World